Through May 31, 2018, we’re offering between $200 and $2,000 toward the purchase of a new X-Laser projector when you trade in your non-compliant system of any other make and model. Get a head start on spring cleaning and refresh your lighting rig with a U.S.-legal laser! Read more for full program details.
We at X-Laser take laser compliance seriously, and we want to help you create safe, legal laser shows. To make it easier than ever to begin using an FDA-certified laser system, we’re offering to take back any non-compliant laser systems (projectors NOT made by X-Laser) and provide significant trade-in credits toward a new, legal, X-Laser projector.
How will I know if the laser I have is not U.S. compliant?
There are many factors that go into what is or is not compliant regarding a laser projector, but here are a few things to look for that aren’t too technical:
- No laser compliance labels indicating laser classification (see example image below)
- Made by a non-varianced manufacturer
- Verify this with a search of the manufacturer name on regulations.gov
- The seller did not ask if you had a variance and/or did not help you obtain an FDA laser light show variance
- The projector has an auto or sound active mode that is accessible without a remote shutoff/interlock
How do I take part in this trade program?
To begin your trade-in process, please complete the form on this page. We’ll need:
- Valid email address
- Where and when you purchased your laser
- 3 high-res photos of your laser(s), with at least one photo showing its model or power designation
- What type of laser system you’d like to trade for (X-Laser specific model)
FAQ and terms:
Is it legal to send in an illegal laser projector?
The FDA has stated that they are fully in support of this program and that it is legal to send us your illegal laser projectors for trade-in credit toward a compliant and U.S.-legal laser system.
What is going to happen with the illegal projectors?
The non-compliant projectors that we collect as trades will be parted out and/or used for educational outreach with hackerspaces and technology education programs local to Baltimore, Maryland.
- All trade-in credit is only applicable toward the purchase of a new X-Laser laser system. No cash will be given for trades.
- Trade credit will be applied as a discount of a new laser system purchase from X-Laser, with itemized details provided in written quote form
- Offer valid through Thursday, May 31 2018. All trade evaluation request forms submitted after May 31, 2018 will not be honored.